Title: Daily Power for Joyful Living
Author: Donald Curtis
Year of Publication: 1963
Publisher: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
Length: 272 Pages & 80,555 Words
Status: Public Domain in the United States and countries following the rule of the shorter term.
Claim your copy of “Daily Power for Joyful Living” now by clicking the above link. You will receive a scanned copy of the original book in editable word document format together with a pdf file and flat e-cover in five different sizes.
This book is in the public domain and copyright-free which means there are no usage restrictions and you can do with it whatever you want to. Sell it, give it away, turn it into an audio book, rewrite or edit it, use it for ideas or as content for another publication, etc. The list is endless! You can obviously also use it for personal use… Print your own copy, make notes on the pages and highlight sentences that inspire you!
PREFACE – How To Use This Book
Chapter 1. LIVING – Your Golden Bridge to Life
Chapter 2. SELF – How to Make the Most of Yourself
Chapter 3. PEOPLE – “… all the World Art Queer Save Thee and Me …”
Chapter 4. WORK – Thank God for Work!
Chapter 5. FAMILY – The Key of Society
Chapter 6. TODAY – The Best Day You Have Ever Had
Chapter 7. THE WORLD – This Great Big Beautiful World
Chapter 8. COUNTRY – “My Country’ Tis of Thee!”
Chapter 9. MIND – “As a Man Thinketh…”
Chapter 10. BODY – The Temple of the Spirit
Chapter 11. HEALTH – The Secret of Vital Health
Chapter 12. TIME – All the Time There Is
Chapter 13. POSSESSIONS – “What Doth It Profit a Man?”
Chapter 14. MONEY – How to Have Financial Security
Chapter 15. PLAY – Life Is a Ball
Chapter 16. RESPONSIBILITY – “To Thine Own Self Be True”
Chapter 17. EDUCATION – Toward Becoming a Whole Person
Chapter 18. PROBLEMS – A New Way to Solve Old Problems
Chapter 19. LOVE – “…Makes the world Go Round”
Chapter 20. FAITH – “The Substance of Things Hoped for…”
Chapter 21. BEAUTY – “…A Joy Forever”
Chapter 22. SLEEP – “To Sleep, Perchance To Dream…”
Chapter 23. PERSONALITY AND GOD – “…In Our Image, After Our Likeness…”
Chapter 24. PROSPERITY – The Law of Increase
Chapter 25. SELF-DISCOVERY AND SELF EXPRESSION – The “Father’s Business”
Chapter 26. ATTITUDES AND HABITS – “Every Day in Every Way”
Chapter 27. AIMS AND GOALS – The Art of Standing Tall
Chapter 28. RELIGION – Something to Live By
Chapter 29. PRAYER AND TREATMENT – “Teach Us to Pray”
Chapter 30. AGE – Breaking The Age Barrier
Chapter 31. ETERNAL LIFE – The Great Adventure
PERSONAL DAILY AFFIRMATIONS
Extract of book:
This book is your personal “do it yourself” construction kit. You are to use it to build for yourself a richer, fuller life. This is the greatest construction job which you will ever have the opportunity to undertake—building your own life. Your life is what you make it:
I am the master of my fate; I
am the captain of my soul.”
(Invictus, by William Ernest Henley)
For most of us, the task of life construction involves considerable reconstruction. Before we can build a solid structure, we must first clear away the debris of old ideas and habits. That is where this book comes in. It contains the tools by which you change your consciousness, and therefore your life, from negative to positive. When this is done, there is no limit to the power, and the joy of your constructive living.
HOW TO USE THIS BOOK
This book contains 31 vital chapters—one for each day of the month—each one covering an important area of your life, and contains constructive techniques for strengthening each one. Here is the way to use these valuable tools:
1. Read this book completely through to get an overall grasp of its subject matter. For this first reading, don’t study it; just enjoy it.
2. Now you are ready to use the tools in this book for constructive life-building purposes. The first step: Read a chapter a day each day of the month, each month for one year. When you finish the first month, start back at the beginning, and go through it again, studying the references and practicing the techniques given for each day. There is ample material given for an entire year’s program of constructive life-building activity. Have fun doing it. Living is fun! Don’t resist it. Enjoy it!
3. This book will be your constant companion for the next year, so make friends with it. Be good to it by using it. It will be good to you by helping you become the person that you want to be. Let your mind absorb the constructive ideas in each chapter. This book is really a collection of affirmative ideas. In your tools for each day you will find quotations from the world’s great idealists and optimists, including many affirmative statements from the Bible, as well as excerpts from inspiring poems which will lift your spirit to new heights.
In addition, you will find many references to the author’s two previous books, Your Thoughts Can Change Your Life, and Human Problems and How To Solve Them, both indispensable guidebooks to joyful living. They each contain numerous techniques for developing the affirmative approach. Refer to these books. Along with this one, they will change your life.
4. At the end of each chapter you will find a GOLDEN BRIDGE to span each day: the first part to project your constructive consciousness ahead each morning, and the second to help you review your day before retiring each night. The use of the GOLDEN BRIDGE FOR EACH DAY is an integral part of the joyful living plan for which this book provides the blueprint. This technique is described fully in Chapter One.
One word of reminder—these techniques will help you to the exact degree that you use them. To make them work you must work them. Just follow these instructions.
5. At the back of the book you will find 366 Constructive Daily Thoughts (one for each day of the year, including Leap Year). Memorize the appropriate thought each morning and repeat it frequently throughout the day. It will keep you on the upward path.
6. Give a copy of this book to at least one person each month. In this way you will be sharing your good with others. It will come back to you many times, because when you give to them and they give to others, the accumulated good is totally active in the life of each individual who is using this approach to the more joyful life.
7. Follow these instructions for one month, and you will be an entirely different person. Live by these suggestions faithfully for one year and you will become the person you want to be. You are the builder. Let’s go!
To get your hands on this classic masterpiece that is now in the public domain simply click on the button below now. You will receive a scanned copy of the original book in editable word document format together with a pdf file and flat e-cover in five different sizes.